Format & Call Letters
News/Talk - KINA Radio 910AM & 107.5 FM
KINA Radio is Salina's News Talk Station.
KINA 910AM and 107.5FM is the Conservative voice of Central Kansas and has been since September of 2005.
KINA is the original home for the Fox News Network. Our lineup includes the top talk show host in the nation. Chris Plante, Markley and VanCamp, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Joe Pags, and Buck Sexton join local host Jerry Hinrikus and Randy Picking with KINA Coffee Talk weekdays from 6a-9a.
KINA is also the home for Salina Liberty Football, The Kansas City Chiefs, and Southeast of Saline Trojans.
KINA Radio delivers intelligent talk from local and national talk leaders, providing clear and well-thought-out positions on issues being discussed across the country.
More Adults Listen To News Talk Radio 6am-7pm Than Any Other Radio Format!
KINA Radio is targeted to reach affluent Men 35+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The News Talk Format is the No.1 format in weekday mornings across America.
- The News Talk Format dominates adults aged 35 + and is #1 with 55+ plus listeners.
- The News Talk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
- The News Talk Format has an equal balance of listeners at home & away.
- The News Talk Format is the 2nd most listened to format in the 25-64 demo.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is 3.3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
According to Nielsen’s 2017 format ratings, news/talk grew its 6+ share and is the #1 format in AQHs (average quarter hour). In the affluent 25 to 54 it ranks #2 overall.
KINA is the home for Salina Liberty Football, The Kansas City Chiefs, and Southeast of Saline Trojans.
KINA Radio talk format is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
KINA Radio targets listeners in their prime spending years.
Age Profile: KINA Radio targets the affluent Adults 35 to 64 and Men 35 to 64. Approximate age breakdown of KINA listeners.
- 4% of KINA listeners are adults 18 to 24 years old.
- 11% of KINA listeners are adults 24 to 34 years old.
- 15% of KINA listeners are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- 22% of KINA listeners are adults 45-54 years old.
- 22% of KINA listeners are adults 54to 64 years old.
- 26 % of KINA listeners are adults 65+.
Gender Profile: Approximately 60% of KINA Radio's listeners are males, 40% are females. Over 70% of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Over 70% of KINA Radio's listeners are married or engaged.
Investments: KINA Radio targets listeners who have high incomes, are homeowners and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
Occupation Profile: KINA Radio targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
- 20% Professional/Related Occupations
- 16% Management/Business/Financial
- 13% Sales/Office
- 5% Natural Resources/Construction/Maintenance
- 12% Other
Education Profile: The News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are some of the most educated of all listeners to radio.
- 3% High School or Less
- 22% High School Grad
- 27% Some College
- 48% College Grad or More
Activities: KINA Radio attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. KINA Radio listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars, and restaurants.
KINA Radio listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high-income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with KINA Radio.
KINA Radio listeners have high disposable Income.
Approximately 65% of KINA Radio listeners have a household income between $50,000 to $75,000+
The News/Talk format targets listeners with high earning power in America.
- Less Than 5% of KINA listeners have an income of less than $20,000.
- 6% of KINA listeners have an income of $20,000 - $29,000
- 7% of KINA listeners have an income of $30,000 - $39,000
- 8% of KINA listeners have an income of $40,000 - $49,000
- 7% of KINA listeners have an income of $50,000 - $59,000
- 12% of KINA listeners have an income of $60,000 - $69,000
- 55% of KINA listeners have an income of over - $75,000
- 38% of KINA listeners have median HHI over $65,400
KINA Radio News/Talk is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
KINA Radio listeners in the past year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, and HDTVs.
- We're big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
KINA Radio listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
KINA Radio Listeners Have Spending Power!
KINA Radio targets homeowners. 82% of KINA listeners own a home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: KINA Radio listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
KINA Radio News/Talk Radio targets listeners with purchasing power.
KINA Radio Is Built For Advertisers
News Talk is radio' s most-listened-to format, capturing approximately a 17% share of radio listening among all listeners, age 12 and older.
News Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
News Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is spoken the word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the common tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
News Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
News Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
KINA Radio is unique among other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to KINA Radio differently.
KINA Radio is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest news, sports, weather events and stories.
KINA Radio listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on KINA Radio.
KINA Radio is built for advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making KINA Radio a great investment to help you get more customers.
The KINA Radio/Talk format is one of the strongest radio formats in the USA today!
The KINA Talk Shows:
KINA Radio features some of the most highly rated local and national News/Talk programming.
- Coffee Talk w/ Jerry Hinkrikus, Randy Picking and Jay Michaels
- The Chris Plante Show
- Markley & VanCamp
- MIchael Savage
- Ben Shapiro
- The Mark Levin Show
- Joe Pags
- America Now w/ Buck Sexton
- Red Eye Radio
- Free Talk Live
- High School Football Programming
The KINA Radio sales team can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
KINA Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here